I’ll be the first to admit I’m a complete perfectionist when it comes to certain things. Not only do I have a burning ambition to do it all, do it well and look my best in the process, but I feel the need to make it look simple and completely effortless.
Last week Becky from Olives n Wine wrote a beautiful post about being Wonder Woman that totally resonated with me, and inspired this Monday mantra. If you have time this morning, take a moment to read it. I particularly loved her list of imperfections. It was refreshing, and real, and allowed me to embrace some of my own in the process.
In the spirit of keeping things real this week, here are 8 not-so perfect things about me:
- I frequently try to do too many things at once.
- My 30-something skin is starting to show its age.
- I can be incredibly impatient–mostly with myself but occasionally with people close to me who don’t deserve it.
- I’m an on-and-off nail biter. I try to keep them well manicured but my pretty nails are the first thing to go in a stressful situation.
- I take myself way too seriously. Thank goodness for my lighthearted husband who can now make me laugh about it.
- Since getting married, I’ve struggled to find a balance between home life and blogging.
- Without my hairbrush, a cold compress and a mug of coffee, you probably wouldn’t recognize me in the morning.
- I need to be busy, and connected, every minute of the day.
There are certainly some things on this list I want to be better about–but others I just need to accept as me being perfectly imperfect.
Perfection: What do you obsess over? For me it’s wrinkles, blog posts and my work. What’s one not-so perfect thing about you?